Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Super Week

Christine Olsen Wight
I had a great week last week. As a prelude I knew it was my turn to give the lesson in Relief Society in July. I knew I wanted to talk about keeping a journal and also a personal history. In thinking about my history and my ancestor's histories I remembered a talk I had heard Pres. Boyd K. Packer give that included information about Brian's Great, Great Grandmother who pushed a handcart across the plains. I wrote to his office and requested a copy of the talk.
I did the lesson on Sunday the 6th of July, it went pretty well. Probably because I went to the temple on Saturday. On Monday I got a phone call from Sister Packer who said that Pres. Packers' secretary had forwarded my letter to her and she had some pictures and additional information to share. On Tuesday I got the package from Pres. Packers office, I was so excited. On Wednesday I received the email from Sister Packer with pictures and more histories. There was a wonderful spirit accompanying the histories and it made me even more grateful for our pioneer ancestors.
Wednesday morning I went to the temple with Marcia Keller and JoAnna Yardley and then lunch at Olive Garden. Wednesday night Emily and Lizzy spent the night. Thursday I went to the movie (Nancy Drew) with Emily and Colby. Thursday afternoon I went to lunch with Peggy, Cally, Dorothy, and Sheryl. Friday Becky invited me to go to the Parade of Homes with them and Quinn & Emily. On Saturday Brian and I went to Ogden twice, once for dog food, and he bought a spotting scope, and once to buy a tripod for the scope.
On Sunday all the kids came over and I made Quinn read the talk from Boyd K. Packer and we talked about their ancestors. Afterward I went to the fireworks with Judd & Becky and Kids and Quinn & Emily and kids.
I attribute the good events of the week to making it to the temple.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Brian and Max,
I found your picture of Christine Olsen Wight on your blog, and I'm interested in whatever information you have on her. She is also my great-great-great-grandmother. I'm very interested in getting copies of the information that you got from President Packer, or anything else that you might have about her.
Thank-you!
Karen
karawlings@gmail.com